Sunday, April 15, 2007

Curriculum Choices

I've been going through the angst of curriculum choices these last few months and every time I think I have it all planned out I start re-thinking and change my mind! But I finally think I have it all sorted out and below is what I have decided on. Perhaps, if it is written down here I won't change my mind again. This is for a 7yo.

Reading/Phonics - continue on with Alpha-Phonics and easy readers (Abeka Gr. 1 readers, Bob books, Dr. Maggie's, etc.)

Language Arts - First Language Lessons 1

Handwriting - Handwriting Without Tears and copywork

History/Geography - History Odyssey Ancients Level 1

Science - Apologia Elementary Science Astronomy & Considering God's Creation (astronomy section only)

Math - Right Start Level B

Read-Alouds - Living Books from our home library, some to tie in with history, others not.

So that's the plan for this coming year.!

No comments: